North Carolina product liability attorneys Copeley, Johnson, & Groninger help victims of personal injury collect damages against the designer, manufacturer, or seller of a defective or dangerous product, including medical devices, medicines, machines, construction equipment and vehicles. Our attorneys use skillful litigation to help victims of unsafe products obtain compensation for their injuries and losses, under legal theories of breach of warranty, negligence, or strict liability.
Defective products can range from sophisticated industrial equipment and medical devices to appliances and toys. Every day, victims prosecute cases against national and international distributors and manufacturers, including pharmaceutical companies and manufacturers of medical devices. Products liability can be caused by any of the following intentional acts or negligent mistakes:
- Design Defects – Before the manufacturer even makes the product, a poor design can cause it to be defective and cause injury.
- Manufacturing Defects – While the product is being created, a defect can occur. Sometimes a whole batch is affected, and sometimes just one or two products.
- Marketing Defects – Certain parties are required to provide adequate directions, warnings of dangers, or description of product uses. A missing instruction or poorly-written warning can cause injury to victims using or exposed to the product.
Products liability claims can be complex to handle. Our experienced team accepts cases involving defective products in a variety of areas, including:
- Hernia mesh implants
- Hip Implants
- Medical Device
- Recalled products
- Building materials
- Failure to warn of a dangerous product
- Suicide or disease caused by medication
- Permanent injury or death due to drugs
- Failure to provide adequate instructions
- Automobile accidents caused by defects
- Defective industrial equipment
- Toxic materials
- Inadequate safety equipment
If a defective product resulted in a personal injury or the wrongful death of a loved one, contact a North Carolina product liability lawyer. Copeley, Johnson & Groninger may be able to help. One of our experienced attorneys may be able to discuss how to obtain financial compensation for your injury or loss. Depending on the case, the types of damages that can be recovered include economic damages for lost income and expenses incurred, such as medical bills; non-economic damages such as compensation for pain and suffering; and even punitive damages, which are intended to punish defendants who acted willfully or wantonly. At Copeley, Johnson & Groninger, our products liability attorneys have the resources necessary to litigate personal injury or wrongful death claims against large corporations.
Please call or complete an online form today.