Jennifer practices in the areas of workers’ compensation and employment law. Jennifer handles matters all across the state and is dedicated to making the process of pursuing a claim or case as transparent as possible for her clients. Jennifer is fluent in Spanish and enjoys helping hardworking North Carolinians affected by unexpected, often devastating injuries on the job.
She believes the key to outstanding legal representation is devoting herself to the claims of her clients and aggressively pursuing her client’s interests. Jennifer is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, an association dedicated to protecting people’s rights through advocacy and education. Jennifer also has a deep-seated commitment to providing legal services to underprivileged communities and has volunteered for El Centro Hispano in Durham.
Jennifer hails from the Bronx of New York City where she was raised by her maternal grandmother, a Cuban immigrant and seamstress working in the Garment District. An honors student and scholarship recipient, Jennifer was the first in her family to graduate from college and law school. While in law school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Jennifer was both a member of the North Carolina Law Review (a legal publication and highly sought after membership reserved for academically top performing students) and the Jessup International Moot Court Team (a school team competing in simulated court proceedings before the International Court of Justice).
Upon graduation from law school and completion of the bar entrance exam, Jennifer immediately began practicing in the areas of workers’ compensation and personal injury law. Jennifer was associated for six years with a respected Raleigh law firm practicing in these areas, before opening her own practice in 2015. Jennifer joined Copeley Johnson & Groninger as an Associate Attorney in 2018.
A resident of Wake Forest, Jennifer spends most of her free time with family, traveling, and reading.
Jennifer is admitted to the following:
- All state courts and administrative agencies in North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, NC
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Amherst, New York
- Member, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Tenth Judicial District Bar